Gondal forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gondal forum
Gondal forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» شجرہ نسب گوندل فیملی مقیم شریفہ ضلع سرگودھا
here is history of Gondal;s EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 12:52 am by ASHFAQGONDAL

» ADD YOUR FAMILY TREE
here is history of Gondal;s EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:46 am by ASHFAQGONDAL

» AAJ KA PAKISTAN OR KAL KA PAKISTAN
here is history of Gondal;s EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:08 pm by ASHFAQGONDAL

» Urdu fan e tahqeeq per matbooa mawadاردوفن تحقیق پرمطبوعہ مواد کا جائزہ
here is history of Gondal;s EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:24 am by Munawer Hussain Gondal

» Calligraphic Art
here is history of Gondal;s EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:22 am by Munawer Hussain Gondal

» Recite Kalma Tayyaba Daily
here is history of Gondal;s EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:20 am by Munawer Hussain Gondal

» ayin mil kar Astagfirullah kahain
here is history of Gondal;s EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:19 am by Munawer Hussain Gondal

» Islamic Calligraphic Art
here is history of Gondal;s EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:28 am by Munawer Hussain Gondal

» ENGLISH FOR BA CLASSES NOTES
here is history of Gondal;s EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:41 am by عبدالحئ عابد

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

here is history of Gondal;s

3 posters

Go down

here is history of Gondal;s Empty here is history of Gondal;s

Post  .::gondal786::. Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:03 am

The Gondals are a elite Jat clan/tribe found mainly in Punjab, Pakistan. They are also found in Indian Punjab especially districts of Jalandhar, Hoshiarpur, and few other parts of India.
They are believed to have accepted Islam on the inducement of famous Sufi poet Baba Farid Ganj Shakar(1173-1266) or (1188-1280), some where in the early 13th century and were instructed by him to stay in the area between the Chenab River and Jhelum Rivers which is now commonly known as Gondal Bar. There are approximately over a million in population. Gondals have their own traditions regarding Hospitality and Hostality. Respect is never coppromised among this tribe. They are also famous for taking revenge. It is said that Ghanon is the first name who accepted Islam on the hand of sufi poet Baba Farid Ganj Shakar, Ghanon came from India when Giyas uddin Balban was governing India.
As per Jatland.com, Gondal is Gotra of Jats in Kashmir in India and also in Pakistan. They are the people who were known in the history of Kashmir by the name Gonand. Their history is well known. They ruled over Kashmir for centuries. The name, Gonad, became Gonadal and was Sanskritised into Gonanda. It is worth noting that the Nand Jats (pre-Mauryan) are now called Nandal/Nander. Some of these people call themselves descendants of the Chauhans, but others associate themselves with Lord Krishna.
According to historical evidence Jarija and Yada Bhan were two brothers in the dynasty of Krishna. Jarija established his rule in Kathiawar, Gujarat. The present chieftains of Jamnagar, Dharol, Rajkot, Gonal and Morvi belonged to this very dynasty but all of, them now claim to be Rajputs. The Gondal of Rawalpindi, Cambalpur, Shapur, Mainwali are called Jats. Bosal, Tole, Jaspal, Sanatana and Gogh are branches of the Gondals. Some of these people call themselves descendants of the Chauhans, but others associate themselves with Lord Krishna.
It is widely accepted in Punjab that Gondals have amassed great fortunes through their strict tolerance of agricultural expertise. It is therefore not surprising that they are now and always have been regarded as the Elite Senior Jats' earning the status of Powerful Landlords of Pakistan. Many sources claim that many Gondals are in Pakistan's Powerful Establishment……………….…..

The present lot of Gondals consist of Muslim, Hindu, Sikh and Christians people. Even Sood Jat Claim to be Gondal. Dr. Bhushan Sood(Canada) says that they were Gondal.
Some of the Gondals claim to be Rajput Chauhan. They are Gondal Rajput living in Indian Rajhastan but the Gondals living in either part of Punjab(india &Pakistan) are called and known as Jatts. Most of the Jat gotra are Rajput and Jatts, may be due to the area where they lived.

Location & Distribution
In Pakistan, they are found principaly in Jhelum, Gujrat, Gujranwala, Mandi Bahauddin, Sargodha and Rawalpindi Districts. Part of Sargodha and Mandi Bahauddin Districts is known as the Gondal Bar, or Gondal area. In the Gondal Bar, they are found in Malakwal, Kot Momin, BadShahPur, and Midh Ranjha, Bhalwal, Khan Muhammad Wala, Wasu, Sohawa, Pindi Bahauddin, Bhikhi Shareef, Dera Chah Bhulwan, as well as many other villages. The East Punjab Gondal Jats all hail from the Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar districts and in the Majha region of Punjab.
Soon after their arrival in Gondal Bar area, they developed into a powerful clan and established themselves against Gujars.
The majority was associated with the profession of agriculture till recent past, because they had vast agricultural land. But after 1970s, they are in the fields of services including Politics, Civil and Armed services, such as Police, Education and Judiciary and Buerocracy. They also earned a great name in education especially higher and technical education. There are many names in Pakistan and abroad in this field,
Many are working abroad in professional, buisnesses and as a worker, mainly in the United States, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Netherland, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom.
Two Heroes of History
This is about two brave Jat Gondal Heroes Saidoo and Dilloo. When Nadir Shah (1736), the Persian ruler moved into Punjab on his way to Delhi. At the Indus-Jhelum doab, the Khattars, Ghaebas and Gakkhars fought against him but lost. After he crossed Jhelum, the Gondal Jatts took him on. Najabat, a poet of the time, wrote about the accounts of valour by Dhilloo and Saidoo. And even though Nadir Shah's army was overwhelming, Nadir Shah was very impressed by the bravery of the Jatt Gondals.
Saidoo belonged to Jhelum district adjoining Mandi Bahauddin. Dillo Khan Gondal belonged to Gondal Bar that falls in districts Mandi Bahauddin and Sargodha. He united tribes of the area including Sikhs of Mangat and united them against hordes of invaders from Afghanistan, Central Asia and Persia who entered through Khyber Pass for loot, pilferage and plunder. No invader was allowed passage through Gondal bar. Once Nadir Shah planned to attack Gondal bar but fearing stiff resistance from Gondals, he withdrew and went back to Iran. Thereafter, he followed different route to raid Delhi and never transgressed Gondals, land. Dillo was popular among his tribesmen for protecting their rights. He had organized Panchait system to decide disputes among the people.
Famous towns on the name of Gondal
Gondal a princly state in Indian Gujarat, Gondal Taluk, Gondal Bhagvatpara, Vora Gondal, (Rajkot, India),
Miana Gondal, Gondal Bar (Mandi Bahauddin), Gondal (Attock)
Gulab Singh Gondal, Gondalanwala, (Gujranwala), Tattah Gondal (Hafizabad)
Gondal Kot, Dhola Gondal (Gujrat), Alaampur Gondalan (Kharian) Gondal (Jalalpur Jattan),
Chak Gondal Pur, Chhanni Gondal (Sambrial), Gondal (Sialkot),
Basti Gondlan (Muzzafar Garh),
Gondal Abad, Dera Ali Mohammad, Dera Mehr Gondal, Kot Momin)
Dera Gondlan (Nageriwala Bhakkar) Gondalwala Khu (Nageriwala), Dera Gondlan Bhakkar, Dera Gondlan (Karor), Gondal (Panjnad),
Gondalwala (Kot Addu), Gondal (Sahiwal), Dhok Gondal dahkli(Rawalpindi)
Historian references.
As per Glossary of tribes and castes of punjab and north west frontier provinces based on the census report in 1883 by Sir Danziel Ibbetson
Gondal clan (agricultural) found in Shahpur, Multan and classed as Rajput in Montgomery. They hold the upland known as Gondal bar, running upto the center of the trect between the Jhelum and Chenab. Thet are also numerous in the riverain onn the right bank of the former river in the Jhelum distt and a few have spread eastward as far as the Ravi. They are said to be Chauhan rajput, but they are now of Jat status and intermarry with other Jat tribes, Physically they are a fine race, owing doubtless to the free and active life they lead, and the quantities of the animal food they consume. They say their ancestors came from Naushahra in the south to PakPattan, and was there converted by Baba Farid and if this is be so they peobably occupied theie present abodes within the last six centuies. He futher wrote, That a tribe of Muhammadan Jats in Gujrat which claim chauhan rajput Origin. Its eponym came from the Deccan to visit the shrine of Baba Farid and Pakpattan and embraced Islam.
Mr. W. G. Waterfield in 1865 in a report of Second Regular settlement of Gujrat District says
That Gondal had 56 villages and the tribe call themselves of Sombansi. They came from South. It is said that Kammu, TENTH in descent from gondal who came Naushehra to Pakpattan. He located himself upon an old village Hativind in the Shahpur District and his four sons spread over into Shahpur district and Gujrat district, but have never separated from each others. Three clans are in the gujrat after three sons called Badr-Raja-dhir and Fourth son Budha in Shahpur, they intermarry with all Jatts. They are well known cattle thieves but are now taking agricultural and honest livilehood. They created lot of problems to Sardar Mahan Singh. They have two representatives Zaildar Shashu of Majhi and Taja of Sohawah. Third of Budha of Chimmun was dismissed by district authorities as irreclaimble.
Lt Col J.M Wikeley in his book Punjabi Muslmans write
Locality, The Gondals are found chiefly in the Bhera tahsil of the Shahpur District in the tract known as the Gondal Bar. They are also found in the Gujarat and Jhelum and Rawalpindi districts. Those in jhelum and rawalpindi have no connection with the true Gondals of Bhera, and are unlike them in general appearance and in their characteristics.
Chief Families.- There are some families of special importance. The Zaildars of Miana Gondal and Kot Momin are men of influence.
History and Particulars.- The Gondals claim to be Chauhan Rajput and they say their ancestors came from Naushahra in the south to Pakistan where they were converted to Islam by Bawa Farid, if this is so, they probably occupied their present abodes within the last six centuries. The Tribe now ranks with Jats, it intermarries freely with other jat tribes of the district, such as Ranjhas, The harrals and Laks. Formerly before the Jhelum Canal was introduced into their country, they were pastoral people subsisting almost entirely on the the produce of their large herds of cattle. Now they are more and more to agricultural and are in very easy circumstances. Physically they are a fine race, strong and well made. The Gondals are well fitted for military service.
It was approx. 800 years ago when Gondal Tribes were migrated to Punjab (Pakistan) from the surrounding areas of Ajmer (India) and Nowshehra (Pakistan). They were settled at two destinations in Punjab.

1. Gujrat District, Phaliya Tehsil, adjacent to the Village Chak Aalem.
2. Village Pak-Pattan (then Ajudhan).

Originally Gondal Tribes were Hindus. The whole set of family was converted to ISLAM in 12th Century after migration. The Chief of Tribe then was 'GHUNNOO', who was 9th in generation of 'GONDAL'. I am 31st generation and have got up-to-date Genealogical Tree of GONDAL FAMILY concerning the branches I belong to. Though 'Gondal' is a very big family and this Genealogical Tree doesn't cover the entire race, I am sure that 99.9999% Gondals are within the approachable area of Punjab (Pakistan). Please let me know if you have got some references about any of your ancestors. I can positively lend a hand tracing your links. As far as I know I don't seem to have any Indian origins. But who knows. If it is so they must be going back much earlier than my great grand parents. I've heard about India but if you'd see me you'd be wondering, as I am as white as snow!!! So please help me to find how can that be that I'got a name who obviously comes from this wonderful country which is India? By Sylvie Gondal

The surname "Gongal", my great-grandparents were from the Hungarian Empire. This name could have come from India. I was told the spelling of names changed to fit the country. They were also written the way they sounded. I did find this name in France. It belonged to Marguerite, married 1708, Lamouilly, Meuse, France. I found this information in the LDS records. By Zara Gold

.::gondal786::.

Back to top Go down

here is history of Gondal;s Empty Re: here is history of Gondal;s

Post  عبدالحئ عابد Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks gondal786. Please share more info.

عبدالحئ عابد
Admin

https://gondal.forumur.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Munawer Hussain Gondal Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:08 pm

nice sharing

Munawer Hussain Gondal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content